|24th Kitchener Cubs and Scouts are heading to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum to participate in the Night Ops program where for one night they will actually camp underneath a World War II aircraft!!|
- Camp underneath a World War II aircraft
- Aviation themed crafts and activities
- Take a flashlight tour of the Museum and hear stories about the heroes who flew the aircraft during World War II
- Enjoy evening snacks of pizza and pop along with a light morning snack
- See a leader dressed as a Spitfire pilot
- Construct and launch a hot air balloon
- Make and fly a glider
- Learn how aircraft fly
- Experience the sounds of the World War II blitz in the dark
- Scavenger hunt in our gallery of exhibits
Program begins at 6:00 pm on March 22nd and will finish on March 23rd at 9:00am.
We will meet at the church at 4:45 and will begin carpooling to Ancaster at 5:00pm sharp.
Participants will be returning to the church at approximately 10:30 on March 23rd.
Cost for this event is $40.00.
What to pack?
- sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad,
- overnight bag.
Campers will be indoors for duration of this event.
PLEASE SIGN UP NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MARCH 14, 2014.
Information regarding this event available on Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum’s website