Fri. October 14 &
Sat. October 15, 2016
Apple Day is an annual event that provides our Scouting youth with an opportunity to show their appreciation to the general public for their support throughout the year. In return for public support, our youth distribute APPLES as a way of saying “Thank You” to the community. Donations are accepted in return for apples.
As members of Scouts Canada, we make the promise to all retail owners who allow us to be on their property for Apple Day that:
- Our youth will be in full uniform
- Our youth will be on their best behavior
- Our youth will be supervised at all times by their parents, other responsible adult volunteers, or their leaders (we ask for leader assistance in supervising the youth for Apple Day only when parental assistance is impossible)
- Scouts Canada provides full liability insurance coverage for our participating members.
The Apple Day campaign is a nation-wide, major fundraiser for Scouts Canada and specifically, for the 24th Kitchener Scouting family. This event provides much needed funds that assist our group in carrying out various programs through:
- the purchase of equipment and program supplies,
- the subsidy of registration, camp and other program fees, so that Scouting is affordable to all youth, and
- most importantly, the teaching of lifelong skills enhanced by leadership opportunities, problem-solving and social training while respecting our neighbors and the environment through a great outdoors experience.
Full participation from all of our youth and their parents is essential to the success of this event.
Each youth is required to cover a minimum of two shifts.
You will find the shifts listed on the Sign Up form at the link below.
If you can cover more than two shifts, it would be greatly appreciated.
Please complete the Sign Up form whether you are able to help or not.